Any person, firm or corporation who wishes to peddle or engage in the business as an itinerant vendor or peddler must obtain a license from the:

Big Spring Police Department 
3616 West Highway 80
Big Spring, Texas
Phone:  (432) 264-2568
Fax:  (432) 264-2415

Lobby hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Types of Permits

Itinerant Vendor- Any individual, firm, association, partnership, company society, corporation, group, or entity who sells of offers for sale merchandise or services from a tent, vehicle, or place which is not a permanent building or structure, for any period of time, or from a permanent building or structure for a period which is forty-five (45) or less.

Peddler - Any individual, firm, association, partnership, company society, corporation, group, or entity who travels from house to house or place to place selling or offering for sale merchandise or services, which may be immediately or subsequently delivered or performed.

General Information

Every peddler or itinerant vendor who has secured the required Vendor Permit under the authority of Chapter 5 of the Big Spring Code of Ordinances is required to keep a copy of the permit upon his/her person at all times and must display the permit upon the request of any City official, customer, police officer or owner/occupant upon whose property the itinerant vendor or peddler has gone for business purposes.

Vendor permits will remain valid for a period not to exceed ten (10) days for itinerant vendors and thirty (30) days for peddlers from the date of issue.   

Any person, firm, or corporation violating any provision of this article shall be fined not less than five dollare ($5.00) nor more than two hundred dollars ($200.00) for each offense and a separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during on or which a violation occurs or continues.

Back to Business page